Archive for June 2014 | Monthly archive page
Information for you relating to the safety camera deployment on the A56 in Thornton in Craven.
|Date||Month||Site Type||Site Name||Area||Time on||Time off||Total Time||SAC||Cond Offer||RFS|
|22/04/2013||April||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||12:30||13:22||0:52:00||1||0||0|
|23/04/2013||April||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||17:21||17:51||0:30:00||2||0||0|
|28/04/2013||April||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||19:15||20:15||1:00:00||5||0||0|
|02/05/2013||May||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||19:08||20:08||1:00:00||3||0||0|
|03/05/2013||May||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||08:05||09:05||1:00:00||0||0||0|
|08/05/2013||May||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||16:30||17:30||1:00:00||2||0||0|
|11/05/2013||May||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||07:55||08:55||1:00:00||4||0||0|
|13/05/2013||May||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||09:04||10:04||1:00:00||1||0||0|
|16/05/2013||May||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||18:35||19:35||1:00:00||2||0||0|
|23/05/2013||May||KSI||A56 Thornton in Craven||Craven||09:20||10:50||1:30:00||1||0||0|
Here is the key to the spreadsheet so it will hopefully make sense, as you can see all offences identified by the camera were suitable for being dealt with by attendance at a speed awareness course which means they were in the lowest speed bracket above the signposted speed limit.
- Site type – EX – Exceptional sites. Sites identified through the speed management protocol as being of community concern.
- Site type – MC – Route used by motorcycles that has a high incidence of collisions and anti social behaviour.
- Site type – KSI – Sites where people have been killed or seriously injured and where excess or inappropriate speed has been deemed to be a factor.
- Site Name – Road name and place where the camera was located .
- Area – Local council district area.
- Time on – The time the safety camera began recording.
- Time off – The time the safety camera finished recording.
- Total time – The time the safety camera van was at a location.
- RFS – High end offender who will be summonsed directly to court.
- Cond Offer – A violation that can be dealt with by way of a £100 fixed fine and 3 penalty points.
- SAC – A violation that can be dealt with by the attendance at a speed awareness education course.
The van doesn’t appear to have been at this location in 2014 but I’ve emailed the officer responsible for deployment of it regarding their policy and if it would be in order for it to visit the centre of the village where residents felt there was a greater risk of serious accidents due to an increased number of pedestrians/vehicles joining the carriageway from side roads.